I am one of the founding partners at Ward & Glass. I have represented plaintiffs across the State of Oklahoma for the past 25 years and litigated cases for Oklahomans who have been victimized by medical negligence, employment discrimination, insurance bad faith, catastrophic personal injury, and wrongful death. I believe in an aggressive but professional and ethical approach to the practice of law and this has led to favorable recoveries for my clients.
My partner, Stan Ward, and I obtained the largest employment discrimination verdict ($61 million) for an individual plaintiff in the Western District of Oklahoma in the case of Hackworth v. Progressive Insurance Company. I have also successfully prosecuted multimillion-dollar medical malpractice cases in Oklahoma.
I know that some cases can only be resolved in the courtroom where a jury determines the outcome. However, most disputes are capable of resolution through a mediation or settlement conference. My courtroom success, approachable demeanor, zealous advocacy and negotiating skills have allowed my clients to maximize their recovery through negotiated settlements. Negotiating a favorable settlement requires a unique skillset and I embrace those challenges. I have successfully resolved numerous multimillion dollars negotiated settlements for my clients against physicians, hospitals, trucking companies, insurance companies and major retail chains.
I received my bachelor’s degree from Southwestern Oklahoma State University in 1991 and my Juris Doctorate from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1994.
I serve as a member of the University of Oklahoma College of Law Board of Visitors and I am a Trustee and Fellow with the Oklahoma Bar Foundation. I am a member of the Professionalism Committee with the Oklahoma Bar Association and was selected to SuperLawyers, recognized by the US News and World Report as a Best Law Firm in Oklahoma, Top 100 American Academy of Attorneys and Top 100 The National Trial Lawyers Association.
I speak frequently at CLE’s and speaks on the topics of employment law, medical negligence, and ethics. Most notably, each year I moderate a fun and entertaining roundtable discussion for the National Business Institute featuring judges from Oklahoma County, Cleveland County and Canadian County.
My greatest accomplishment is my family. I am married to Kacee and together we have four children: Chloe and triplets, Cooper, Grady, and Grace.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
- Medical Malpractice – Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents – Plaintiff
- Trucking Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Employment Law Litigation
- Wrongful Termination
- Business Litigation
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
- J.D. – 1994
- Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Weatherford, Oklahoma
- B.A. – 1991
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science – History
- Oklahoma, 1995
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 1995
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1995
Honors and Awards
- Community Service Award – Oklahoma City Association of Black Lawyers
- Super Lawyer
- US News & World Report – Best Law Firms
- Expert Network Distinguished Lawyer
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Board of Visitors OU College of Law, Present
- Oklahoma Bar Foundation Fellows Program, Present
- Expert Network Distinguished Lawyer, Present
- Super Lawyer, Present
- Oklahoma Bar Association Professionalism Committee, Present
Current Employment Position
Classes & Seminars
- Legal Ethics, Cleveland County Bar Association, 2015
- Auto Injury Litigation from Start to Finish, NBI, 2015
- Dealing with the Troubled Employee, NBI, 2016
- Utilizing ADR in Employment Matters, NBI, 2016
- Judicial Forum, NBI, 2017